BHP Billiton Watch is an informal network of communities and organisations across the world who are concerned about the impacts of the world’s largest diversified resources company (active in mining, oil and gas).
BHP Billiton Watch involves
- Communities facing removal, severe disruption of their cultures and livelihoods, negative health impacts and long-term pollution
- Workers suffering attacks on their trade union rights
- Solidarity groups
- Human rights and environmental organisations
- Groups concerned about climate change, nuclear weapons and nuclear waste
- Groups concerned about the growing push for Dirty Energy projects around the world (uranium, coal, oil and gas)
- Individual researchers and activists
We pledge to monitor the company’s activities around the world and expose the difference between the company’s rhetoric and the reality on the ground.
For more info: bhpbillitonwatch[at]gmail.com